Extremely rare Grade A SWEET PIGNUT (Carya Ovalis) hickory nuts cracked (not shelled).
- If you like trying new things then I recommend Sweet Pignuts. They are delicious and rare. They are sweeter and less “nutty” than shagbarks. They taste similar to Shellbarks which taste like bananas.
- Also known as Red Hickories or Pignut.
- Some authorities don’t consider the Red Hickory (Carya ovalis) to be a species but an aborrent Pignut (Carya glabra).
- This year I discovered a ridiculously productive tree. This is the first Sweet Pignut tree I’ve ever found. Off of the one tree alone I got a total of 8 pounds. But those are the only Sweet Pignuts I got this year. Of course, they are priced accordingly. These are probably the only Sweet Pignuts you could find.
- They can be tough to crack, so I recommend that you purchase Sweet Pignuts cracked from me (unless you have a black walnut cracker).
These hickory nuts are Sweet Pignut hickory nuts harvested in October 2019 from a wild tree in south, central Pennsylvania (Adams County)